As every year during the cold season, Goslar lights up in the glow of festive decorations, the taunting aromas of cinnamon, baked apples, roast almonds tickle your senses – the crisp air is bearing promises of Christmas! Romantically framed by the background of the market square, 80 lovingly decorated wooden huts invite you to stroll around and give yourself a delicious treat.
In the fairytale Christmas forest right in the historic city centre, in an ensemble of 50 tall, illuminated pine trees on pleasantly fragrant foresty ground, your visit to this wintery landand townscape will get you in just the right mood for Christmas.
9 special Tips
- Unique Christmas forest
- The Rammelsberg ore mine decorated for Christmas
- Carillion concerts during the Advent season
- Artisans and craftspeople celebrate Advent at Great Holy Cross
- Children‘s railway and zoo
- Family day at the Christmas market
- Go to the top of the Market Church tower
- Great variety of performances
- Christmas-season concerts at the inner-city churches